Ok....as I 've said previously, we desperately needed new window coverings for our big front windows.
Yet....$$$$ is tight.
Enter my genius idea. Haha.
Click here for the 'Before'.
Mr. Free and I loved the idea of using canvas drop cloths for material.
We also had old crappy blinds.
So.... we pretty much followed Little Green Notebook's instructions for the roman shades, but with a few tweaks.
No. 1- We used hot glue. We tried fabric glue, but it wasn't holding together well. Hot glue did much better and didn't show through.
No. 2- The instructions also said to take the bottom piece off the blinds and slide off the blinds you didn't need. Well...our bottom piece of blinds wouldn't come off, so we just broke the blinds and took them off that way.
All in all, it took us about 3 hours for both shades. The first one took a lot longer than the second, since we were learning as we went.
Here are some pics of the process:
Cut out these bad boys:
The DIY-Showoff is featuring a DIY Project Parade today, so it was perfect timing to share this easy, affordable project!
It's my first time to submit something!
Thanks Roeschel for hosting!!!
Be sure to check it out to see even more DIY inspiration!