Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The gift of hospitality.

hos·pi·tal·i·ty   
–noun,plural-ties.
1.the friendly reception and treatment of guests or strangers.
2.the quality or disposition of receiving and treating guests and strangers in a warm, friendly, generous way.


We live in a selfish world. A selfish culture. And I, Mrs. Free, am the Queen Bee of selfishness.

I am lucky to be married to a man who is incredibly thoughtful of others.

He reminded me the other day about the minsitry and hospitality of providing meals for those who could use some cheering up.



No, this is NOT a new concept by any means. But we twenty-somethings often only think of providing meals when maybe a new baby is born, or a death in the family.

People are struggling with all sorts of things daily. And an out-of-the-blue home cooked meal may be just what they need. To feed their spirit.

Mr. Free and I were able to bless others with this hopsitality this week and it was such a blessing to us! To be able to show others we care, and for a moment, put ourselves on the back burner.

I enjoy cooking and would like to continue to bless others through this ministry. Whether by opening our own home for a nice meal, or making a supper and bringing it to someone who could use it.
I'm sure many of my readers out there have done this for years.

Please share your favorite freezer-proof meal! So far I only have a few recipes and would love to add to my repetoire!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful message! I too love cooking and don't think to do it for others often enough. I book a huge batch of chicken enchilada soup and freeze it for later, but any casserole dish would work, like lasagna maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea- Thanks for the soup idea! I didn't think about that!
    I made a lasagna last night for a friend...those always work great!
    Thanks for the insight!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free