Friday, February 5, 2010

My Top 5 Favorite Websites

For those of you looking for a great design website, inspiration, or an idea for what to cook for dinner, here are my top 5 websites (in no particular order):

1. Rate My Space



This is a fabulous website to get interior design inspiration for real people. Granted, some of these real people are also interior designers or have a multi-million dollar budget. Weed through those, or creatively think of budget-friendly adaptations.
You can search for specific rooms or decorating styles.

2. The Pioneer Woman Cooks



The Pioneer Woman is Ree Drummond who was once an LA girl, now a Rancher mom and wife. She has fabulous recipes that use real ingredients that you can easily find at the store (or your own kitchen!) and gives you picture by picture instructions though the recipe. This was a lifesaver as a newlywed learning to cook!

3. Apartment Therapy



I may be the minority in this neck of the woods, but Mr. Free and I LOVE modern design. This website gives you such amazing ideas for your home in design and function. They sometimes deviate to other styles of interior design, but they mainly cater to small and simple spaces. Perfect inspiration for our 900 sq. ft. home! They also have links to their sister sites dealing with cooking, recycling projects and children.

4. Slick Deals



Mr. Free and I love to live up to our name. We have become known in our circle as people who can find GREAT bargains, and often time freebies. My number one source for these little gems is this website. I check it daily!

5. The Nest



Ok ladies, remember The Knot that you always looked at for inspiration in planning your wedding? Well The Nest is the next step. It was created by the same company as The Knot, but covers topics for married women (home decorating, entertaining, budgeting, cooking, etc.) They have the same message board set-up to glean ideas from other ladies. The also have another sister site The Bump, but I have no reason to move onto that site yet.... some of you may though and I'm sure it is resourceful as well.

Well there you have it. Hopefully a new website or two to check out in your free time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free