Thursday, February 4, 2010

DIY Valentine's Day

Alright love birds,

Valentine's Day is just a smidge over a week away.

Since the Free household is still on a spending freeze (this applies to Valentine's Day too.... ), I am doing a DIY Valentine.



The economy is tight, couples are trying to save for bigger life events, so why not make your lover (or friend, or parent or dog or neighbor...) their valentine!

(Come on....you know it'll be fun!)

I already have my gift planned for Mr. Free and I will update you with the how-to's of it come February 15th. I am super excited about it and HOPE it turns out as awesome as it looks in my head!!!

In the meantime, let me know if you are pledging a DIY Valentine (this could include your meal as well...). Leave me a comment and let me know who else is joining me! I'd love for you to share your finished projects as well!!

Grab the button for your blog, facebook or whatev (right-click the image above and add it to your social network of choice...) and share with the world that you are taking ownership and pride of your Valentine's Day!!!

(How's that for enthusiasm?!)

3 comments:

  1. good idea, i have a friend who makes these amazing little paper "embellishments" for scrapbooking or whatever but i want to try to make some for valentines for nathan and the kids. Last year we melted cheeses and chocolates and had a diy melting pot at home :) I think you should make a baby for valentines day..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....you're too funny Amanda! Those embellishments sounds like a great idea for Valentine's cards! Share pics when you get them done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm a little late, but that's the story of my life these days. My husband and I did the same thing this year. We are not exactly artistic people, but we do the best we can! I made him a coupon book filled with things like "one day of golf," and such. I also made a video slideshow of our honeymoon. It took no money, a little time, and had great results!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free