Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm selfish.

I know, we all are. It's called 'survival'. But, I'm selfish.
I usually always think about myself first.
How will this benefit me?
Is this fair? Am I going to wind up doing more/paying more than someone else?

Ughhhhh.

I don't like this about myself.

Philippians 2:1-5 If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort form his love, if any fellowship with the spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.

How much better would this world be if we all started to put these verses into action?
Being compassionate, loving, serving, humble and thinking of others before ourselves.
I'm sure marriages would improve.
Families would function better.
Friendships would flourish.
Work morale would improve.
Our overall outlook would be better.
At the end of my life, I want to have been a blessing to those around me.
I don't want to be a fake, plastic, perfect, selfish person.
I want to have been real, genuine.
I want to have been a blessing.
I try to be pretty transparent on here. I want to show that humanity deals with similar emotions and events.
And I'm dealing with selfishness.
Maybe this stikes a bit in your heart to when you reflect on your attitude in your marriage, family, friendships or coworkers.
Please pray for me as I strive to have a heart of humility.
Do you ever realize you how selfish you are?
What do you do to change it?
Thanks for listening to my ramblings friends.
It's just been on my heart today.
So I'm being selfish and talking about it : )
P.S. I went to bed a bit earlier last night and woke up a bit earlier. I was still running a bit behind...but it's an improvement! Thanks for all the advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free