Monday, January 31, 2011

Food Monday: Greek Yogurt

Greek Yogurt is all over the clean eating blog world, but I thought I'd sing its praises.
Greek yogurt is awesome.
But, it's...different.
It's not your usual yogurt.

It's thick. Real thick.
And it's tangy. Almost like sour cream.
No "fruit on the bottom" here!

But...it is full of nutrition!
For 6 oz. it contains 90 cal., 7 g. of carbs and 15 grams of protein!
And no fat!

And it is VERY versatile!

Not only can you eat it plain (or with local honey... like I do!)
It is great in recipes!

I showed you how I used it in my Clean Pancake recipe
I've also used it in substitution for Ricotta in a Clean lasagna recipe I used.
It was great!
Super creamy!

I also used it in a no-pudge brownie mix!

It can be pricey, but 33 oz. at Costco is $5.89.
Much cheaper than anywhere else.

Does anyone else love Greek yogurt as much as I do?
What's your favorite way to eat it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free