Monday, January 17, 2011

Recipe: Date Cocoa Balls


These are soooo yummy.
100% clean.
All natural.
Raw.
Full of energy.

Here are the ingredients:

1/2 almonds (raw or toasted)
3/4 c. pitted dates
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp vanilla extract
2.5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1.5 tbsp. water

Place all the dry ingredients in a food processor and grind until a fine, crumbly texture. About halfway through add the water.
It should look something like this.
It may look dry, but it has enough moisture to be able to form balls.
Scoop out handfuls and form into balls.
That's it!
Just chill and they will last up to a week!

These are very addicting....they taste like candy!
Please try them if you can!

P.S. I in no way invented these bad boys...they are all over the clean eating blog world, but I wanted to pass the recipe along and tweak it for a small food processor. My new one broke. : (
So I just have a little guy for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free