Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Decor: Dining Room

Here is another peek into our shoebox home.
Here is our dining room all decked out for Christmas!
Our home for the Holidays is usually a red & white theme with some accents of green.
We go for good ol' Classic Christmas.
No fancy gold, burgundy or trendy colors here.
More like candy canes and white lights.

I re-used our Fall centerpiece of Mason jars, tea lights and I swapped out the glitter pine cones for red ornaments.

Very cheap!

I used our ever-practical white dishes layered with red to give them a festive look.
I used cheapo red placemats, red chargers and red napkins for a frugal new look!
I bought a fresh wreath from Lowe's ($7.97) and some fresh greenery ($3.97) for our home. I used the greenery all around the house and laid two branches next to the centerpiece with picks from Michaels laying on to ($1.60).
I really like how it looks!
Our hutch is filled with family treasures.
The stained glass angel on top was a wedding gift from a family friend.

The cook books were from my husbands family.
The Santa Claus' were carved and painted by Mr. Free's grandparents.
They had quite the carving studio and every year they would give each family a new Santa at Thanksgiving for the Holidays.
So there you go!
I really love our home all decorated.
It makes me smile when I walk in the door!
Is your home decorated for the Holidays yet?

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks gorgeous! I haven't even gotten our decorations out yet ... I am seriously procrastinating this year, I usually have everything up the day after Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free