1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without him, I am nothing.
2. My amazing husband. He is my best friend. He is the funniest man on earth. He is adventurous. He loves people. And I love him.
3. My son. I am so thrilled to be able to write that this year! With the hardships we have had, having him here with us this Thanksgiving is such a true blessing. Being a mom is one of the greatest gifts I have ever received.
4. My family. My mom raised my sister and I by herself after my dad passed away. She did an amazing job and I am so grateful. My sister is hilarious and the best aunt ever. I am blessed with many loving grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
5. My in-laws. I've known them since I was a little kid, and even got my sister-in-laws hand-me-downs when I was little. I have the best in-laws in the world and I love seeing them with Levi.
6. Our friends. Mr. Free and I are very social and our friends are like family to us. We love them so very much!
7. Our church. Our church is like an extension of our family. They have known us since we were little and truly care and pray for us. It is a blessing to serve with them!
8. Modern medicine. I wouldn't be alive here today without it. And my son wouldn't be here today. And as annoying as it is.... I truly am grateful.
9. Our home. It may be a little shoebox, but a lot of love has gone into it. And being able to purchase it from my grandpa was a huge blessing.
10. My job. I absolutely love teaching music. And I am so thrilled to be able to teach half-time. That means mornings are spend un-rushed and enjoying my son. And each afternoon I have the privilege of teaching the next generation how to be musicians!
11. Mr. Free's job. When we first were married, he had just finished the Fire Academy to be a Firefighter. I was supportive and wanted him to do what he wanted. But, when he decided to go into Art Education...I was thrilled! We can truly understand each other at the end of the day, we always have funny stories about our kids, and the schedule! I love all the family time we have!
12. Our babysitter. Tiffani is a true Godsend! She loves Levi so so much! I was dreading having anyone watch my sweet boy, but being with her I am completely at ease. And seeing Levi play with her daughter is one of the sweetest things!
13. My sewing machine. It's sure had a workout lately. It's allowed me to channel my creative juices and at the same time contribute to our budget a bit.
14. This blog. It's been a great outlet over the years, and it's fun to look back at old posts and see how God has worked in our lives!
15. Our pets. They are crazy and naughty, but we sure love them. They were our first "kids" and we are excited for Levi to interact with them more and more!
16. Caffeine. Never have I needed it more than after becoming a mom. I am thankful for Diet Coke and Starbucks : )
17. Date night. Sunday nights after Levi is in bed, Mr. Free and I heat up a frozen pizza and watch a movie. It's nothing fancy, but I look forward to it every week!
18. Books. I love books about being a godly woman, wife and mother. I am thankful for others wisdom in helping my husband and son as well as running our home.
19. Pinterest. Seriously. I have learned so much. It's made me a better teacher, baker, cook, decorator, etc.....
20. Cookie butter. Seriously. This stuff is my crack.
21. Having "just enough". We have never had plenty, we have never gone without. The Lord has provided us in each season of life to pay our bills. For that I am incredibly grateful.
22. Hardships. I've had a few trying times in my life, and as much as I wouldn't wish them upon anyone, I am thankful to have that experience. These life challenges have opened up relationships and ministry opportunities I wouldn't otherwise have. And taught me just how precious life is.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!