Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Carving Party!

Time for the recap.

Here was the food.

S'More cupcakes.
Candy corn and peanuts.
Frugal tip: I bought those plates last year at Target after Halloween for 75% off and stored them away. I got matching napkins and cups too. Think ahead a year and it'll save a ton of $$$!

We had chili and potato soup.
Homemade Caramel Apples.
Not pictured:
Mummy Pigs in a Blanket
Seasoned Popcorn
Spiced Cider

Some decor

Mini pumpkins mixed with gold glitter pine cones.
The mercury glass bowl and pine cones were 75% off last year at Target after the holidays.
I normally use these pieces for our New Years Eve Party.
However, I thought the glittered pine cones with the pumpkins were a fun spin on the infamous Martha Stewart Glitter Pumpkins.
Mason jars from around the house with a tealight.
A few glitter pine cones to make it sparkle.
So easy and it made for a pretty glow!
*Sigh*
I love my houndstooth rug!

Now the pumpkins!
I really shouldn't be friends with so many artists...
It makes my pumpkin look crummy. : (
That's mine.
I really don't know what I was going for with this.
Some Indie Bohemian design.
It instead looks like a flower exploding.
Mr. Free's.
A pumpkin carved on a pumpkin.
Carved are the words 'It's conceptual'.
Gosh I love that man.

Aren't they fantastic?!!!
The party was a blast and I think will be an annual tradition now.

Now...I'm planning my next party.
I'm thinking a Christmas Cookie Swap!

I love to entertain!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Love your decorations, and I LOL'd at "it's conceptual". Ha!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun ... Everything looks great!

    This post made me hungry. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free