I woke up early this morning mentally going back through my Dr.'s appointment.
Here is the play by play.
Nurse comes in to try and use the doppler to hear the heart beat. (I am supposed to be nine weeks). She tells me they normally can't hear it until 10, but try at 9 for a bonus.
She can't find it.
The Dr. comes in to try it out. She searches for awhile and every once in awhile hears a heartbeat, but then checks my pulse and says its just me. Then she said, "This one is not you though....let me get another doppler with less static because you need to appreciate this."
She gets the other doppler and can't find it. She said, " The baby wins, lets go take a look at it."
We go in and attempt a traditional ultrasound. She said it's a bit early, so it may not work. She starts in and says my uterus is really tilted and can't see anything. She decides to do a vaginal ultrasound.
When she starts in on the vaginal she remarks and how far back my uterus is tilted. She finds the baby and comments at how it's the same size as last time and the yolk sac is large. The yolk sac is measuring at 9 weeks, but the baby at 6.
She has a tech come in to check. The tech was super quick, barely looked and just said, " Yup, baby small, yolk sac big."
My Dr. then tells me it looks like I lost the baby a couple of weeks ago and that I need to make the decision to miscarry naturally, take medication to induce it or to have a D & C.
They never mentioned if they saw the heartbeat flicker on the ultrasound. They didn't really zoom in on the baby like the tech did at my 6 week appointment.
I'm just confused as I think of all of this.
As I've been reading online, people report having a tilted uterus can cause your baby to measure a couple of weeks behind.
I'm preparing myself that this baby is already in Heaven, but I PRAY for complete clarity.
Right now I just don't feel confident enough to schedule a D & C.
I'm going to call my Dr. this morning and see if I can schedule another ultrasound next week to confirm things before I make my decision.
If anyone has been in a similar situation and could offer some insight, that would be greatly appreciated.
I'm really trying not to get my hopes up, but I want to make sure I make the right decision.