Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Lord gave and the Lord takes way

Blessed be the name of the Lord!
Job 1:21

The ultrasound showed the baby was already gone and my body is starting the process of starting a new.
I will probably have a D & C Friday morning.
I am terrified.
I have never had any surgery before and never wanted to be put under.
I'm afraid I won't wake up.
Which is silly, but really what terrifies me.

If anyone has some encouraging words about the procedure I would greatly appreciate it.

And readers, I hope to return to some more uplifting content soon.

Thank you again for all your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. You will be fine! You are not the first to have to go through that procedure. Again, I am really sorry you are having to go through this right now. But eventually you will overcome it enough to go on with life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Email me if you want to talk.

    Something I think about in times of trial is that God is good...He was good then, He is good now and He will continue to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that. I know first-hand how hard this is. Its weird to say, but time does help. Its been 3 years for me, and I can talk about it without crying (finally!) Although every September is hard (due date).

    I know I don't "know" you IRL, but I am praying for you that God helps heal your heart, give you peace about what happened, and that you get a "sticky" pregnancy soon :) And - you guys are not too far from us. Maybe we should have a Benetti's meetup soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny,

    I'm sorry for your loss, but put yourself in the hands of God and all will be well again.

    Don't worry about the surgery. I have had 3 different major surgeries and it's not very difficult after the first few days.

    Chitra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please don't be afraid Jenny, I have gone through a similar procedure although for a very different reason but needless to say, I was having emergency health problem that made it necessary and I didn't have any choice, so I was very scared. Everything was ok and I think it will be ok for you as well. It is scary but the surgery will go ok and you will have lots of emotional support for the rest. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free