Saturday, August 28, 2010

A little retail therapy...

My procedure went well yesterday.
Surgery wasn't nearly as scary as I had built up in my mind.
Imagine that.

But this morning, with some pain meds in my system I decided to hit the pavement and go shopping.
I desperately needed some retail therapy.
And I got it.

Plus....the doctor said I need to be up and moving to prevent blood clots. So the mall and Farmers Market seemed just like what the doctor ordered.... : )

Mr. Free and I woke up early with some friends and headed to the City Market.
We had so much fun.
We ate some pastries at a local bakery.

Then shopped around and got some amazing fruits and veggies as well as a half a loaf of Tuscan bread.

Look at that bounty!
We got:
Half loaf of Bread $5 (it's massive!)
5 peaches $4
3 onions $2
Big bag of green beans $3
Garlic $.75
Zuchinni $.25
Squash $.25
Green onion $.75

Not too shabby!

Then my Mama took me to the mall where I indugled in a little Godiva (and Mom sent me home with some chocolates!)

And then headed to my favorite store for cheap indulgences, Forever 21.

I got some skinny jeans for $11.50 (regularly priced!)
A necklace: $5.80
Ring: $4.80

Not shabby. I told my mom that I couldn't remember the last time I bought something for myself at the mall. It had been a long time.

Then when I got home I was reading a good friends money saving blog and found a steal on cereal at our local Hy-Vee.
The Free household goes through a LOT of cereal.
And I basically got paid $1 for buying 6 boxes of name-brand cereal! Score!


So yes....that was my day in a nutshell.
Workin' hard to get this economy back spinnin'!


Thank you again for all the thoughts and prayers....we have appreciated it so much!



2 comments:

  1. oooh i'm so excited that the mall got a forever 21, but i've promised myself not to go in there until i'm back in my old clothes. that place has the best cheap clothes, haha. I'm glad you got some retail therapy-sometimes it's the best :) And how do you know Sarah? I look at her blog and wish I had the time to coupon clip, she is so amazing at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she is amazing! She started following my blog, then my husband said he knew her sister I believe in high school? So yeah, then we became Facebook friends, so yeah.....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free