Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Egg Recall

With the recent egg recall and numerous food recalls in the last few years, it has really changed my perspective on where my family's food comes from.


If you recall about 6 months ago, Mr. Free and I joined a local meat and egg CSA from a local family farm.



Each month we get 10 lbs. of meat and a dozen eggs.
Everything is free-range, grass-fed, able to roam the earth.
What helps me feel at ease is that I know where my food comes from.

I've been there.

I've walked the farm.

I've met the family.

Here they are.




If I ever got sick.... I would know who to talk to.
I know my burger came from one single cow in Richmond, MO.
Not 1,200 cows from Nebraska all ground together in a factory.

As the news sensationalizes this newest recall, I encourage you to do your research on the best and safest way to feed your family.

We sure sleep well at night....with a nice full belly!

Here's a couple great resources for quality, local food.
http://www.kcfoodcircle.org/
http://www.eatwild.com/
www.parkerfarmsmeats.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free