Monday, April 29, 2013

A Journey Toward A Simpler Home



I'm embarking on a journey to simplify my home, and in turn my family.
I plan to document the little (and big!) changes I and my family make as we turn away from the busyness and want of the world and strive for simplicity and contentment.

I am a busy mom, like many of you.
I keep the house (with help from my sweet husband!), raise my son, work outside the home, have church responsibilities and run my own small cottage business.
I also love to shop.
I love stuff.

All of those items leads to a life of chaos. And jealousy.

So, I am taking a step back.
I am learning to be grateful for the many, many blessings I have.
I am learning to say 'no' in order to have more time serving my family.
I am learning to love and enjoy keeping my home.

I see each chore as a blessing for my family. That little attitude shift alone has made a tremendous difference.

And I'm seeing that the more "stuff" I have, only creates more work to clean and maintain.

Simplifying is a breath of fresh air in an ultra-busy society.

As I look ahead to what is on the horizon as I start this process, I know it will include:

Purging

Planning
Studying
Organizing
Beautifying
Enjoying

I hope you'll follow me and perhaps join along as I journey toward a simpler home.

Let your character be free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,"
Hebrew 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free