Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Levi's Airplane 1st Birthday Party: Time flies!



This past weekend we celebrated Levi's first birthday.
(He actually turns one this Friday, but it worked better with our schedule)

It is so crazy he is one!
On one hand, it went so fast.
On the other, it's hard to imagine life before him!

It was great! Our tiny home was packed!
We had around 40 guests in our teeny tiny home.
It was very 'cozy'.
But it warmed my heart to see how many friends and family love our son so much.

So, a few months ago I decided on an Airplane Theme party.
"Time Flies....Levi is 1!"

I got to work looking around Pinterest and blogs for ideas.
And here is how it played out:

Colors
I decided on Red and Aqua. It seemed a lot of airplane things were in those colors, and those were the colors of his bedroom too.

And amazingly, Target had a whole Christmas selection of entertaining items in these colors that didnt look like Christmas at all! I scored all our paper goods and decorations for 50-70% off!

For invitations, I made boarding passes in Google Docs, then cut them and made little ticket holders out of scrapbook paper and ribbon.
Really easy, and cheap!

I made party hats for all the kids.
I bought plain party hats, then used wrapping paper that was in the same collection as the paper goods and "wrapped" the hats. I then punched out coordinating scrapbook paper and attached the child's first initial. I then took a bit of red garland and glued it to the top. Levi's had extra garland and a '1'.

Let's look at the decorations:

{I loved the balloons}
{The favors were airplane shaped cookies and glider planes for the kids.}
The chalkboard sign was made using cardboard, chalkboard contact paper and a chalk pen.
{Mr. Free made this adorable little plane for the kids to play with out of a box and some spray paint}
The Little Prince's throne

The Food
We decided to keep it simple.
We were having a large amount of guests and couldn't afford to feed a full meal.
We decided to just do cake and ice cream with a few snacks

We had "in flight snacks"
{pretzels, cheez its, cookies}
Birthday cake balls
"Jet Fuel" punch

And, aside from Levi, the stars of the show:
Levi's awesome birthday cake and smash cake
A good friend of mine makes custom cakes, and did a phenomenal job on Levi's cakes!
We were absolutely thrilled!
They were just as delicious as they were cute!

Now, party pics
A house full of people!
We bought an airplane book and had all our guests sign it for him.
We want to do that each year...buy a book that goes with the party theme and have guests sign it.


Opening presents
Poor buddy got so sleepy opening all his presents

Smash Cake Time
Mmmm
Pretty good...
This hat is slowing me down...
....and so are these hands!
All done...ready for a bath!

The party went so well.
All the kids seemed to have a great time.
It was so awesome to celebrate this amazing little boy and surviving our first year as a family of 3!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you did! I was wondering what was the name of the book you had the guests sign in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just going to ask the same exact thing!

      Thanks in advance!

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free