Wednesday, May 18, 2011

An answer

I had my CD3 baseline sonogram today with the RE to go ahead and begin a medicated TTC cycle.
Everything looked fine and I will begin the Femara tomorrow.

But on my way out, I thought I'd ask the nurse if she knew my endometrial biopsy results.
I told her I hadn't heard anything, so I assumed no news was good news.
She told me to head into the Dr.'s office and he would discuss it with me.

He pulled out my chart and evidently I have a luteal phase defect. We did the endometrial biopsy on CD 21, but the lining only dated at CD 16.
This, he said *could* be the reason behind my miscarriages.

He said the way to "fix" this problem is the plan he already had in place. Femara and Prometrium.
Evidently, some women produce lower quality follicles, which result in lower quality eggs. These eggs rarely are able to be fertilized, and if they do, they usually do not sustain. These lower quality follicles cause the body to not produce enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy.

So.... the Femara (which I begin tomorrow) should produce better quality follicles and eggs and the Prometrium should beef up my lining enough to support a healthy pregnancy!

As weird as it is, this made me SO happy!!!!

I have been in a pretty major funk since the testing ended. I was relieved it was over, but was very disappointed to not have any answers and feared that we would just have loss after loss.

Now, I'm feeling *much* more hopeful!

God is good!!!

So, if you are the praying type, please be praying for us this cycle that things will go well and if the Lord wills it, will result in a healthy pregnancy and take-home baby!

On a related note, we are now currently battling Blue Cross/Blue Shield as they are flagging all of my miscarriage/hormone treatment as Infertility and refusing to cover it. We are appealing this, but the bills are coming in and they are NOT cheap! It's a bit overwhelming, but we'd appreciate prayers on this as well, that God will provide and sustain us through this financial hurdle, however it may be resolved.

Thank you all so much for your support through our journey. It truly has helped lift my spirit day after day!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I have been praying HARD for you two and your future family. I am so glad this is a treatable issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much Lisa! We can truly feel all those prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how relieving those "answer" days can be. Thank you so much for your honesty on your blog, this has been a really educational process for me on what all's involved with working with a RE. I will pray for your treatments, for your insurance battle and for everything in general. I too pray that you'll have a little baby in your arms in God's perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news that you were able to get some answers and start a plan to move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you finally have answers! We will continue to pray for you and Brian! We love you both!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free