Friday, January 29, 2010

DIY Friday!

Maybe I'll make this a weekly thing, maybe I won't. We shall see.

Here are 2 GREAT and EASY DIY ideas for you.

The first one is a beautiful way to add a chic look to your book collection.


I first saw these beauties on Apartment Therapy, and thought...those would be so easy to make!
First, ask for some paper grocery bags at the store.
Second, cut it out to the size of the book you are wanting to use (remember extra room for the flaps!)
Third, print off some words you want to use in a fancy font
Fourth, either use those fancy words as a stencil or modge podge them to the book cover.
Voila!

The second idea would be a perfect Valentine's Day idea.


I saw this idea via The Lettered Cottage
All you need to do is visit: Card Catalog Generator and enter the information you want printed on your vintage library card, then print it off!
A collection of these with memorable dates and stories would make a thoughtful, free Valentine's Day gift!

I plan to try this out this weekend, so we'll see how it goes! Let me know if any of you try them out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free