It's cold at the Free House. Not just because of the weather.....
we are on a spending freeze.
Mr. Free and I have been INCREDIBLY blessed throughout our 2.5 years of marriage. We look back and see the many ways God has provided for us when we couldn't see how that could happen.
Mr. Free and I have decided that we need to temporarily live more simply and learn to do with out.
That is hard for me.
That means, no more:
We are even avoiding:
and trying to cook from the things already in our freezer and pantry.
This requires creativity, people!!!
But that's OK.
Through this experience so far, I've learned:
* to make my own latte's at home
* how to make homemade bread
* Mr. Free and I have been cooking from scratch together
* to shop from my own home: moving decor from one room to another can dramatically change the look...for FREE!
* that entertainment is everywhere and doesn't always cost $$$
* that spending an evening at home just spending time together can be a wonderful gift
* sometimes you have to make your own FUN
So far I've really enjoyed the challenge. Old habits are hard to break (running by Starbucks after a sleepless night, swinging by Target to peruse the sales, going out to eat on the weekends with friends...)
Does anyone have any living simply, money saving tips??? Please send them my way!!!!