Tuesday, April 22, 2014

keep em busy basket




I am loving toddlerhood, but it is kicking my butt.

I'm grateful to sleep through the night, but once we are up, it is full on energy. Everywhere I turn there is a new mess to clean up, Levi is climbing somewhere he shouldn't and I'm attempting to get regular clothes on or heaven forbid, take a shower.
One particularly stressful time of day is dinner prep time. Levi usually wants to help, which is awesome, but sometimes our tiny kitchen just doesn't accommodate. There are nights I simply need to get in there and whip dinner out ASAP. Any mamas relate?

Anyways, I decided to make a basket of special activities just for during that time. Here's what's currently in our basket:


We have color wonder paper & markers (can I get an AMEN on how awesome these are?! Levi's been experimenting in "graffiti" and with these there isn't a problem!)
Also stickers & a dishwasher basket hat we use to stuff Pom poms into for fine motor practice.
The basket is placed in our dining room next to his high chair so he can easily grab it.
I plan to rotate different items regularly to keep things interesting and keep his attention. This idea is also great for other hectic times, like attempting to get ready in the morning or if you are tending to another child. 
Ok mamas, what other awesome ideas do you have to keep little ones occupied when your attention is needed elsewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free