Sunday, September 19, 2010

S'More Candy Bars



So Mr. Free had been requesting Homemade Marshmallows.

Yesterday I got down to business. And they were suprisingly easy! I used this recipe here.
It yields a LOT of marshmallows! Last night we enjoyed some hot cocoa with the marshmallows and obviously still had a ton leftover.

Then Mr. Free had a genius idea.

S'More Candy Bars.

And they are super stinkin' easy.
Here's what you need:
- Graham Crackers
- Homemade Marshmallows
- Chocolate almond bark
-Vegetable oil

All you need to do is break the graham crackers into quarters, along the perferated edges. Then cut your marshallows to fits.
Place the marshmallows on top.
Melt the almond bark in the microwave then thin out a bit with some vegetable oil.
Pour the chocolate over the marshmallow/graham crackers until completely coated.
Chill in fridge until chocolate is hard.

These are SUPER rich.
Super.Rich.

But delicious.

We are thinking about doing another batch with a smear of peanut butter between the marshmallow and graham cracker. Mmmmm.....

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. They are really good....just really, really rich. And that means a LOT coming from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peanut butter sounds like an awesome addition! I love making my Smores with Reeses instead of just plain chocolate. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free