Sunday, August 21, 2011

1st Nursery Purchase

One thing I've been looking forward to for a long time is decorating a nursery.

Mr. Free and I have always known 2 things regarding our nursery:
1. It needed to be gender neutral
2. We didn't want a "theme" (i.e. No Winnie the Pooh or painted flowers on the wall...etc.)

So ever since our first pregnancy I've been looking for ideas on the internet.
I quickly fell in love with the idea of light turqoise walls with accents of sunny yellow and red.


And also during our first pregnancy I fell in love with this bedding at Target:
When it went on clearance for $35, I snatched it up.

So these are my basis.

A couple of weeks ago, I began looking at nurseries again and found this beautiful image:
I fell in love with that rug!
Those that have read my blog for awhile know how much I've dreamed of a chevron rug, but they are so pricey!
I wrote off that dream rug figuring it was too expensive.

But I was wrong.

As I read about this nursery, the article mentioned that the rug came from Urban Outfitters for $69.

I quickly showed it to Mr. Free with enthusiasm and he ordered it online.
When it came in the mail I saw it was perfect.


Our baby is getting the coveted chevron rug.
And I couldn't be happier.

So this is the foundation of what will become our nursery.
The room we will use is very small.

We anticipate only purchasing a crib and rocker for the space.
We already have a white bookshelf that will serve as storage in the room.

It is so exciting to have another room to decorate, and for such a worthy person makes it even more fun!
I will sure to update you along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free