Wednesday, April 20, 2011

CD 7: HSG done!!!!

It feels SO good to write that the HSG is done!
You wouldn't believe how nervous I was!
Or maybe you would....

This procedure had been on my mind non-stop since Sunday.
I've cried more tears than I could count anticipating it.
Last night I didn't sleep at all. Just watched the clock.

By about 5 a.m. I was up and getting sick because my stomach was so nervous.

I arrived to the imaging center in tears and the nurse was so good in talking me through it.
She said never ever google about procedures.
You will only hear the horror stores.
Lesson learned.

Then Dr. Z came in and said I just had to trust him and it really wouldn't be as bad as I had anticipated.
The nurse talked me through the procedure.

First the speculum, cold and pressure.
Then clean the cervix, cold and wet.
Then the cervical clamp (This is the part where women said they got sick, passed out, that it hurt like complete torture.) Me? I didn't feel a thing! Honest! I had to ask if they'd even done it!
Thank you Dr. Z and ibuprofen!
Then the dye was injected via catheter into my cervix. At first I didn't feel anything but after about a minute it felt like strong menstrual cramps. At that time the radiologist began the X-Rays and I said out loud "Ouch! This hurts!" Then he said those magical words, "I'm done!"
Very quickly Dr. Z took out the clamp and catheter and all was right with the world.

He showed me the X-Rays and all is good!
Apparently I have an ever-so-slightly tilted uterus, but no blockages or scarring whatsoever!
I was terrified that the D & C left some scarring...but I am clear!
Did you know your tubes are so twisty? Its weird!

So then I was able to change and go on my merry way!
Dr. Z was right.
He was so gentle and quick.

I asked him about the endometrial biopsy.
He said the pain is very similar but even quicker.
Between the ibuprofen and the valium I know it ll be OK.

So...2 tests down, 2 to go!

Thank you so much for all your prayers! I truly feel the Lord leading me through this entire process!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that it wasn't too bad for you!! And praise God that it all looks good! Google is your worst enemy at times like these- after everything happened with Riley I was more than positive I'd never be able to conceive again, but God is bigger than google :) My uterus is very tilted and inverted (or upside down they think) so don't let that scare you. I'll be praying for your next two tests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad it was quick and relatively painless for you! The anticipation is definitely the worst part! And I'm really glad that your HSG showed your tubes to be clear, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, so glad it was not as scary as you had anticipated. Keeping my fingers crossed for you - I have heard of a lot of people getting pregnant right after an HSG. I hope the next two tests are quick and painless!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one! I read each and everyone one! xoxo Jenny Free